- Flegere -> Lac Blanc
- Catch la Flegere cable car and go on main well maintained walking track to lac Blanc and then return on same track – (approx 2hrs each way – easiest route)
- Catch la Flegere cablecar and then index chair and walk to lac blanc (a little scrambling involved) – then come back to la Flegere cablecar on lower track (approx 2hrs each way)
- Catch la Flegere cable car and go on main track or Index track to lac Blanc and then continue straight ahead and down to col des Montets and onto le Buet and get train back to les Praz / Flegere to pick up car.
- Catch cable car and go on main track or Index track to lac Blanc and then continue straight ahead and down to Argentiere – this track requires a steady head as it involves downclimbing with ladders in parts. Catch train/bus back to les Praz / Flegere to pick up car.
Attention – lift at la Flegere has slow capacity so queues move slowly
Note: continue 10 minutes from lac Blanc and you will find a quieter lake called lacs des Cheserys. It is also very common to see many Bouquetin on this hike.
Possible lunch spot:
*Refuge du Lac Blanc – https://www.refugedulacblanc.fr/
*Or better still, a picnic at lac Blanc or lacs des Cheserys.
- Aiguille du Midi mid station to Montenvers Railway to Chamonix
- Catch cable car to top of Aiguille du Midi – check out amazing views / glass box etc
- Download to mid station Plan Aiguille and exit the cable car – do traverse walk to top of Montenvers Railway
- Catch cable car down to Mer du Glace and visit the ice grotto under mer du glace.
- Catch Montenvers train back to Chamonix
Full day – highly recommended that leave early to miss the large queues at Aiguille du Midi (8am or earlier).
Possible lunch places:
*Refuge Plan Aiguille – located just below mid station of Aiguille du Midi – http://refuge-plan-aiguille.com
*Or at top of Montenvers – Grand Hotel Montenvers – Or Restaurants Panoramic – details can be found here – http://refuge.terminal-neige.com/fr/#!hotel-chamonix/nos-restaurants
- Le Buet -> refuge de la Pierre à Bérard and back
- Drive / Train to le Buet
- Park in train station / opposite Le Buet Hotel
- Cross road and pass le Buet Hotel and continue up into the canyon
- Pass Buvet Cascades – lovely spot for a refreshment
- Continue up to Refuge de la Pierre a Berard – http://www.refuge-de-la-pierre-a-berard.aspx
- Approx 2hrs each way
Lunch / Dinner spots
*Le Buet Hotel – very historical charming pub – http://www.hotelbuet.com
*Buvette Cascades de Berard – https://www.facebook.com/CascadeDeBerard/
*Refuge de la Pierre à Bérard – http://www.refuge-de-la-pierre-a-berard/94189
- Brevent to lac Brevent and back.
- Catch the Brevent cable car up to Plan Praz and continue to le Brevent on cable car
- Walk down to lac Brevent
- Then back to Refuge de Bel-Lachat – https://www.refuge-bellachat.com
- Continue back along the ridge to the top of le Brevent or make your way down to les Houches and catch train back to Chamonix.
Possible lunch spots;
*La Bergerie – Plan Praz – http://www.bergerie-restaurant.com/en/index.php?lang=en
*Le Panoramique – Brevent – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Panoramic-Restaurant-Chamonix
*Picnic at lac Brevent
*Refuge de Bel-Lachat – https://www.refuge-bellachat.com
- Argentiere -> Grand Montets -> Mid station and glacier -> Argentiere
- Catch les Grands Montets cable car to mid station and then continue to top of les Grands Montets – very impressive views at top – a little more wild than Aiguille du Midi
- Download to mid station – take hiking track to bottom of the Argentiere glacier – easy track – get up close and personal with amazing glacier back drop
- Reverse back the way you came to mid station and download
Not a strenuous day
Best lunch spot – Refuge de Lognan – https://www.facebook.com/refugedelognan.fr/
Or Cremiere du Glacier – could be lunch or dinner – http://lacremerieduglacier.fr
Summer chalet accommodation options available here – Luxury Summer Chalets in Chamonix